PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
This Privacy and Cookies Policy describes how ANHEUSER-BUSCH INBEV SA/NV, a company organized and existing under the laws of Belgium, having its registered office at Grote Markt 1, 1000 Brussels, Belgium, registered with the Register of Legal Entities under company number VAT 0417.497.106 RPM Brussels or one of our Affiliates (“ABI”, “we”, “our” or “us”) collect, use, share, and otherwise process personal data (defined below) related to participants to the Capital Market Day (the “Event”) that provide their data via this website (the “Platform”).
The main purpose of the Platform is to collect data that will be further processed to confirm participation in the Event (either as an attendant or as a collaborator), to run the event itself (e.g. to produce identification badges and other material for the Event and to accommodate certain needs from participants with regards to access and catering), provide certain services as informed to participants such as support with visas and transportation between airport and hotel.
By accessing and submitting data via this Platform, you confirm that you have read and that you understand the way we collect, process, use, and disclose your personal data as described herein.
1. DATA COLLECTION: WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Depending on the purpose of the processing, we may need to process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Work-related information: the company where you work and your position within the company.
- Travel data: your passport and travel details, as well as visa requirement.
- Your specific needs: dietary considerations, food allergies and physical requirements.
- Connection and/or browsing data that we collect by using cookies and similar tracking technologies as described under Section 8.
2.FOR WHICH PURPOSES DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION AND ON WHICH LEGAL BASIS?
Depending on the purpose of the processing, we may need to process the following categories of personal data about you:
The main purpose of the data processing is to enable you to participate in the Event and to allow us to properly organize and provide you with assistance related to the Event.
Depending on the data you submit via the Platform and subject to applicable laws, we will process your personal data for the following purposes, as justified on the following legal bases:
|To register you as an attendant or collaborator to the Event, to send you communications, and to provide you with support with regards to your participation, including for purposes of controlling when you will arrive, obtaining a visa, assisting you with hotel reservation and with transportation from the airport to the official Event hotel and back to the airport, etc.||The processing will be based on ABI’s legitimate interest consisting in organizing the Event and facilitating your participation in the Event.|
|To provide you with specific assistance with needs related to dietary restrictions, food allergies and physical requirements.||The processing will be based on your consent.|
|For analytic and statistic purposes, i.e., to understand the way you interact with the Platform and thus be capable analysing, managing, and improving the Platform.||Your personal data will be processed:
- based on your consent (following the selection of your cookie preferences in our cookie banner (see Section 8 below); or
- because the processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests consisting in improving the user experience and our products and services in the best interest of the consumer.
|To comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject and for the purposes of our legitimate interests. We may use your information as necessary in connection with corporate transactions or to protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, safety, or property of ABI, our service providers, our employees or agents, and other users, and to otherwise comply with applicable law.||Your personal data will be processed because the processing is necessary:
- to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, to respond to authorities’ requests for disclosure of personal data, as required by applicable law); or
- for the purposes of our legitimate interests in safeguarding our rights and our property and those of our service providers, employees, agents, or users or in performing corporate transactions.
Where required under applicable law, we will also collect your express consent to any of the above-mentioned activities. Please see Section 5 for information about how to withdraw consent you have provided.
3. HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
For the purposes for which we collect your personal data and subject to the appropriate legal basis described under Section 2 above, we may disclose your personal data to the following categories of recipients:
- a) Affiliates and subsidiary companies of ABI, primarily for business and operational purposes;
- b) Service providers: companies that provide services to ABI for the purposes of providing the Platform, including hosting, data storage, development, and technical support services, as well as service providers that participate in the organization of the Event. We adopt measures to ensure that these service providers will only process your personal in compliance with the applicable data protection laws.
c) Other parties when required by law: ABI may share your personal data with other third parties:
- to comply with the law, regulatory requests, court orders, subpoena, or legal processes;
- to verify or enforce compliance with ABI’s policies and agreements; and
- to protect the rights, property or safety of ABI, our customers, visitors to the Platform, participants to the Event and/or the public in general.
- d) Other parties in connection with corporate transactions such as a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, or any other transaction that results in a change in control or ownership of ABI or its assets, in whole or in part.
For service efficiency purposes, some of these recipients are located in territories outside the country where your personal data has been collected, including countries which may not offer a level of data protection comparable to that of the country where your data has been collected, including in the United States. In such cases, we inform you that, where required under applicable data protection law, we will transfer your data with adequate safeguards designed to keep your data safe and complying with the relevant privacy legislation. With our providers that process data on our behalf and as per our instructions, where legally required, we have Standard Contractual Clauses, as approved by the European Commission, the contents of which you may consult through the following link: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/.
4. HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
For personal data that we collect and process for the purposes outlined in Section 2, we will typically retain such personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil each of these purposes.
Whenever your personal information is processed to comply with legal obligations, such retention periods may vary depending on the laws and regulations applicable in the countries in which we operate.
5. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
Where applicable and under the conditions set forth under applicable data protection laws, you may have the following rights concerning the processing of your personal data:
- - Confirmation and information. The right to request confirmation of the existence of the processing and to obtain information about the public or private entities with which ABI has shared your personal data.
- - Access. The right to request information on the data we store concerning you as well as the purpose of storage and a copy of the personal data we are processing about you, and to request that we provide it to you in electronic form pursuant to law. If you require multiple copies of your personal data, we may charge a reasonable administration fee.
- - Rectification. The right to request that any incomplete or inaccurate personal data that we process about you is amended.
- - Deletion. The right to request that we delete personal data that we process about you, unless we are required to retain such data in order to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims. You may also have to right to request the anonymization, blocking or deletion of unnecessary, excessive, or non-conforming personal data.
- Restriction. The right to request that we restrict our processing of your personal data where:
- believe such data to be inaccurate;
- our processing is unlawful; or
- we no longer need to process such data for a particular purpose, but where we are not able to delete the data due to a legal or other obligation or because you do not want us to delete it.
- Portability. The right to request that we transmit the personal data we hold in respect of you to another data controller, where this is:
- personal information which you have provided to us; and
- we are processing that data based on your consent or in order to perform our obligations under contract to you (such as to provide legal services).
- - Objection. Where the legal justification for our processing of your personal data is our legitimate interest, the right to object to such processing on grounds relating to your particular situation. We will abide by your request unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests and rights, or if we need to continue to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim.
- - Withdrawing Consent. If you have consented to our processing of your personal data, the right to withdraw your consent at any time, free of charge. Consent withdrawal will have effects on future processing operations.
You may exercise these rights by sending a written request to our data protection contact (see Section 14). Please note that these rights are not absolute and there are relevant exceptions under applicable data protection laws. At our discretion we may require you to prove your identity before providing the requested information or addressing certain other requests.
If you are in the EEA, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the local data protection authority if you believe that we have not complied with applicable data protection laws. Access a list of local data protection authorities in EEA countries.
If you are in Brazil, you can contact the Brazilian Data Protection Authority here.
6. THIRD-PARTY SITES AND FUNCTIONALITIES
We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by other websites, applications, or other services or by your mobile operating system operator, wireless carrier, or other similar providers. You should exercise caution and review the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites, applications, and services you use.
7. DO-NOT-TRACK SIGNALS AND SIMILAR MECHANISMS
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them.
We activate tracking technologies on this site following your consent provided via the cookies banner. Please note that this consent will overwrite any general signal or blocker from your browser asking not to track. In case you would like to have more information on this topic, please see section 8.
8. COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
8.1. What are cookies and similar tracking technologies?
For “strictly necessary cookies” we are processing your personal data for our legitimate purposes explained below. With regards to “performance cookies”, “functional cookies” and “targeting cookies”, we are processing your personal data based on your consent for the purposes explained below. Your consent with regards to cookies is collected and registered following the selection of your cookie preferences in our cookie banner. In case you would like to change your cookies preferences, please go to “cookie settings” at the end of this Section 8.
8.2. Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the Platform to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for Services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms.
Depending on your browser settings, you may be able set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
8.3. Performance Cookies
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages.
All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance, and some or all of the services from third party providers we have added to our pages may not function properly.
8.4. Targeting Cookies
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites.
They do not store directly personal information but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will still receive advertising, but it may be less relevant.
9. LOCATION DATA
We may collect and use information about the location of the device you are using to help us identify the country where you are located and (a) redirect you to the relevant Platform for your country; and (b) improve security of the Platform; and (c) comply with legal restrictions regarding the use of the Platform.
We have put in place technical and organisational security measures designed to protect against unlawful or unauthorised access or use of your personal data, as well as against accidental loss or damage to the integrity of your personal data. However, no one can guarantee the complete safety of your information.
11. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Our Platform is not to directed to or intended for individuals under the legal drinking age. If we learn that an individual under the legal drinking age has provided us with personal information, we will delete it in accordance with law. If you are under the legal drinking age and have entered this Platform by providing a false date of birth, you must immediately leave this Platform.
12. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS AND SUPPLEMENTAL CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICE
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA") requires us to provide additional privacy-related information to residents of California.
12.1. CCPA Disclosures NOTICE
The section entitled "Data Collection: What Information Do We Collect?” above (Section 1) lists the categories of personal information we have collected about California residents in the preceding 12 months. These categories of personal information correspond with the following categories of personal information provided under the CCPA:
- - Identifiers including name, address, unique personal identifier, passport details, online identifier, username, IP address and email address;
- - Information that identifies or is capable of being associated with you including data on allergies, dietary restrictions or physical needs;
- - Information about products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
- - Professional or job-related information: employment details
- - Internet or another - electronic network activity information;
- - Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above reflecting your preferences and characteristics.
The section entitled "For Which Purposes Do We Use Your Information And On Which Legal Basis?” above (Section 2) lists the business and commercial purposes for which we collect California residents’ personal information. As described above in the section entitled "How do we share your information?” (Section 3), we also share and/or disclose your personal information as follows:
- - Sharing your personal information for business purposes: we may share the following categories of your personal information with service providers, third parties, business partners, public or government (including enforcement) authorities, creditors, and successors for our business purposes: identifiers, information capable of being associated with you, information about products and services, internet or other electronic activity information (as described above), and inferences drawn from information about you. As described above, examples of business purposes include managing our relationship with you in the context of the Event, and monitoring for security threats and fraud.
- - Sharing your personal information for commercial or other purposes: we may share the following categories of your personal information with third parties, business partners, and affiliates in a manner that constitutes a "sale" under California law: identifiers, information capable of being associated with you, information about products and services, internet or other electronic activity information (as described above), and inferences drawn from information about you. This information may be shared for the following purposes: personalization, analytics, marketing, retargeting, and sales.
- - Limitation or Opt-Out from Sales of Personal Data. You may have the right to limit the use or disclosure of your personal data with third parties.
12.2. California Residents' Privacy Rights
Subject to certain exceptions and qualifications, as a California resident, you have the right to: (i) request access to your personal information; (ii) request deletion of your personal information; (iii) request information about the personal information about you that we have "sold" (as such term is defined under California law) to third parties within the past 12 months; and (iv) opt-out of the "sale" of your personal information, as detailed above.
12.3. Do Not Sell My Information
To opt-out of the "sale" of your personal information as described in this section, click here .
12.4. Exercising other California consumer rights
Should you wish to request the exercise of your other rights as detailed above with regard to your personal information, you or your authorized agent may submit requests to one of the options provided below in the “Who to contact in case you have questions or requests. The Data Protection contact point” (Section 14).
We may need to take steps, including to request additional information from you, to verify your identity. Please indicate in your request that you are a California resident making a “California privacy rights” inquiry.
14. WHO TO CONTACT IN CASE YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR REQUESTS. THE DATA PROTECTION CONTACT POINT
ABI has in place a data protection contact point available for you to submit your questions or requests relating to the processing of your personal data. You can access this data protection contact point in our global “contact us” website (https://contactus.ab-inbev.com). Please select the typology “Contact Data Protection Officer” in the ContactUs Form.
If you are in the European Economic Area, you can also contact our data privacy officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are in Brazil, you can contact our appointed data protection officer at: email@example.com.
When you exercise these rights, you may have to provide ABI with the minimum information set forth in applicable data protection law, such as your name, e-mail address and your request details. Please be aware that ABI will require such information in order to process your request. Other details are optional for you to share with us. Your personal details will be saved only so that we can respond to your request and will be deleted when they are no longer necessary for the original purpose, unless there are legal requirements stipulating the retention of these data.
Please contact our data protection contact point or our data protection officer indicated above if you wish to exercise your rights as data subject (see Section 5 (Rights) above).
Thank you for visiting our Platform.
©2023, Anheuser-Busch InBev