The people of Brazil always come first for our teams at Ambev. With the arrival of COVID-19, that commitment quickly turned into actions taken across the country to help battle the pandemic and provide needed relief to small businesses.
To promote hygiene and support patients and healthcare workers, Ambev:
- Produced 1 million bottles of sanitizing gel using ethanol from our breweries and delivered to hospitals in all 27 states
- Worked with local partners to build a new, permanent 100-bed public hospital annex at Municipal M'Boi Mirim Hospital in São Paulo in just 35 days
- Made 3 million face shields from our PET packaging – enough for every healthcare worker in the country. The design was shared with other companies to ensure even more face shields are available for those on the front lines.
- Committed to donating more than 1.4 million liters of potable water to 140 communities in São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. The donation will be made by AMA, the mineral water brand whose profit is 100% destined to bring water to those who do not have it. The amount donated will be enough to help about 240.000 people, who live in peripheral regions with poor sanitation and difficult access to potable water.
For our small business partners forced to shut down, Ambev also:
- Launched #ApoieUmRestaurante, a program supporting thousands of local restaurants by offering consumers discounted vouchers with values matched by Stella Artois and Nestlé
- Bohemia created a consumer voucher program to provide needed financial help for more than 15,000 bars (botecos) across the country
- Offered bar owners the opportunity to become distribution points for the online beer delivery service, Zé Delivery, and made the e-commerce platform, Empório da Cerveja, available at minimal cost to craft breweries unable to sell direct to consumers.
These initiatives are just a few examples of what our colleagues and partners are doing around the world with ingenuity, agility and true sense of ownership. See more about AB InBev's response to the pandemic here.
Jean Jereissati CEO of Ambev
“This moment asks for all collaboration that we can give. Our programs started from the desire to help Brazil, our community, and our ecosystem.”