Ambev announces its first carbon neutral brewery and malting site in Brazil

Posted: September 30, 2021
Ambev announces its first carbon neutral brewery and malting site in Brazil

Ambev is making progress on its sustainability journey. This week, our team at Ambev has announced that its first large brewery and its first malting site in Brazil have become carbon neutral. The plants reduced 90% of their CO² emissions and have offset the remaining 10%. In the last five years, Ambev has invested approximately $25 million USD to implement sustainable practices in its operations. 

This important step supports our efforts to achieve our ambitious 2025 Sustainability Goals, which aim to drive progress across our full, integrated supply chain. We developed our goals with the UN SDGs in mind and they are designed to tackle shared global environmental and social challenges. We focus on four areas where we can deliver the most value for the world and our company: agriculture, water, packaging, and climate. 

“Our path to carbon neutrality requires bringing our partners and suppliers along in the journey. We continue to advance our commitment to go beyond our own operations to make a positive and lasting impact in our communities,” says Rodrigo Figueiredo, Vice President of Sustainability and Procurement at Ambev. 

Located in the South region of Brazil, the brewery and the malting site have, collectively, reduced approximately 9,700 tons of CO² annually since 2018. This amount is equivalent to 1,300 less cars on the road.  

By the end of 2021, another four Ambev breweries are expected to become carbon neutral. Since 2003, Ambev has reduced more than 63% of its emissions across its direct operations (Scopes 1 and 2). Ambev is also investing in initiatives to reduce emissions across its value chain (scope 3). 

Can we see some ID?
As part of our commitment to responsible drinking, please confirm you are of legal drinking age.
Enjoy Responsibly

By submitting this form, you agree to be bound by the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

© 2021 Anheuser-Busch Companies LLC, St. Louis, MO 63118