Congrats to our Smart Drinking team in China for their winning GBRD photo
Global Be(er) Responsible Day (GBRD) is a day where industry, business, government and civil society partners around the world come together to promote responsibility, and encourage our friends, colleagues, and communities to “Drink Smart Today, Celebrate Tomorrow.”
That day, and all days, we at AB InBev work to advance our ambitious Global Smart Drinking Goals, helping to make every experience with our beer a positive one.
On September 15, more than 60,000 of our colleagues in breweries and offices around the world spread Smart Drinking messages. We engaged directly with more than 460,000 consumers about GBRD, and reached more than 300 million people through traditional and social media activity. And, our colleagues visited more than one million places – such as shops, bars and wholesalers – where consumers see or drink our beers.
We also expanded our work with key global and local partners. For example:
- In Belgium, we offered tastings of no-alcohol beer Jupiler 0.0 and partnered with the Jupiler Pro Soccer League;
- In Zambia, we hosted a talk on road safety and Smart Drinking for truck drivers;
- In Argentina, we visited places where our brands are sold during evening hours, to ensure that we were not only engaging retailers, but also consumers;
- In China, we celebrated our Responsible Drinking 10th anniversary, engaging with the government, celebrities, and communities to launch the Budweiser Smart Choice social marketing campaign;
- In Vietnam, we hosted Smart Drinking workshops with more than 1,000 students at Saigon University and Ho Chi Minh City Food University;
- In the U.S., we engaged 300 wholesalers, and more than 30,000 of their employees; and
- In countries around the world such as the United States, Ghana, Australia and India, we expanded our partnership efforts with local ride share programs including Uber, Lyft and Ola Taxi.
At AB InBev, we are committed to Smart Drinking, and have worked hard over the past 30 years to raise awareness and take action to reduce the harmful use of alcohol.
GBRD 2017 sets a great precedent for the future. We are proud of our collective accomplishments this year – one step in our long-term commitment to promote smart drinking around the world.